Shani Mahadasha & Shani Antardasha
There have been various questions on Sadesati and my 1st post here on Sadesati has helped meet most of the expectations. There are also questions about Shani mahadasha and antardasha. Most of the people think that it is a troublesome period in life. Well, it is not correct. Rather, many great people become “great” in the real sense in Shani mahadasha. Shani mahadasha lasts for 19 years so you understand how important this period could be! 🙂
To understand “Shani effect” better (Sadesati), you can also read my article on Sade Sati:
First Let us understand the role of Shani in our lives: it is an auditor, police, law, masses, poor people, older people, places of poverty. Following paragraphs explains how Shani gives us opportunities in the first 30 years to pay back all the karma.
Basic SHANI Thoughts
By the age of 29.5/30 Shani has traveled all houses of your horoscope from your birth and it has gone past the position it is in at the time of birth. (Even by the age of 15 it has put drushti on each planet at least ONCE or more.) During this travel, the moving (transit) Shani aspects (puts drushti) on each and every planet including natal chart Shani – 4 times! Every time, it gives you an opportunity to pay back your past life and this life karma to the person, studying, to the entity, organization, relative, school, college, friends, colleagues, health, wealth and so on. If the chart is intense it FORCES the circumstances beyond control. These Shani movements by the age of 30 are a great opportunity to pay back most of your karma by good deeds sufferings or a combination of both. BUT we do have tendency find short-cuts and loopholes to avoid paying back the karma just the way we have tendency to jump stop-lights, signals, free parking and so on. So many times, these opportunities are lost and hence the reminders and difficulties keep coming to you. Each KARMA-SANKET is important. When transit Shani has 3rd Drushti on any planet, it gives some karma-sanket and some advance NOTICE of the things that are going to happen after 5 years when transit SHANI will reach that house itself. If we TAKE this as an opportunity and pay ATTENTION to Karma-Sanket – a preventive maintenance avoids major parts replacement or a major breakdown! Think of Rs 10 saved 5 years back becoming say 17 in 5 years due to savings BUT you saved that 10 Rs by avoiding some karma and after 5 years you spend 17Rs for the same things which would have worked out in 10Rs earlier! 🙂 🙂 and with lot less pain…!!! This is quite simple, isn’t it?? At times, when Shani is on some house and planet – the force of pay back is so strong that the person cannot simply pay back physically the stuff. So when Shani moves ahead and after 7.5 years again it puts the 10th drushti on the same house and planet and tries to get it paid back – if yet again avoided – -After 5 years Shani’s 7th drushti is lot more troublesome.
So, it is good to ask “remedy” to an astrologer and trying to find a loophole to avoid paying karma back but remember, the payments of karmic debt would keep coming back with you in much uglier state if avoided to pay! These remedies should be well directed, well focused and with GOOD INTENTIONS and NOT to run away from your own karma! Usually remedies should be seen as enhancers and also increasing ability to pay back karma instead of skipping it!
(Regardless of lagna (asc-sign)-rashi, Chandra(moon)-rashi, SHANI is for all an auditor who delivers the exact proportion of good or bad karma done. It reminds us of our dues and urges or at times forces them to pay back to appropriate party. The house/position of SHANI in a natal chart shows an obligation and deficiency in that chart for the things shown by that house. Also, Shani has 3rd, 7th and 10th FULL drushti in addition to the house it is in. These drushtis DO work and they work a lot more when there is some planet in that house.)
End of “Basic SHANI Thoughts”
To demystify and to highlight great results in Shani mahadasha following are the great results of Shani Mahadasha:
- Why do you think the masses that didn’t even earn 20 Rs per day, spent 10 Rs to watch Bachchan’s movie (Single handed movies), why more so from 1970/1971 to 1989/1990 in VERY large numbers? (If you call him Big B or Amit-jee — you are not his fan — his fans call him either Amitabh or plain simple Bachchan).
- Balasaheb Thackeray gets mass frenzy and great mass support all his life but more so from 1980 to 1999. He has Shani 11th house (the best place) to lagna and 3rd house to Moon (Kanya rashi) in aggressive Scorpio sign in uchcha navamansh. Shani is VERY strong as it is 3rd to moon and 11th to Lagna and Surya of Makar (Capricorn).
- Music director O.P Nayyar had a great success from 1954 to 1973 (19 years). He was not doing bad at all in his Guru mahadasha for for 16 years until 1953/1954 but OmkarPrasad Nayar became “OP” we know today in his Shani Mahadasha.
- Michael Jackson got stupendous mass support and mass frenzy from 1973 to 1992. (19 years).
- The best of it all: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had 3rd house Shani (Parakram sthan) in uchcha raashi of Tula (Libra).
- Atal Bihari Wajpayee and Margaret Thatcher have Libra Ascendant with Shani there (1st house)! (Uchcha Shani 1st house)
- YashawantRao Chavan had Shani in 1st house (self) in Vrushabh rashi. (Shukra signs are great for Shani). He is still regarded the best politician/CM etc of Maharashtra.
- Sharad Pawar Saheb has Shani in 6th house with Moon (6h house: Service sector, Economic zone)
- Salman has a very strong Shani in Kumbh rashi (10th house: Career!) with Moon and is running Shani Mahadasha from 2002. Shah Rukh also has a well-placed Shani in the 4th house (Sukh-sthan) in Kumbh rashi & running Shani Mahadasha from 2006.
- Indira Gandhi had 1st house (self) Shani in Kark rashi.
- Raj Thackeray will start his Shani Mahadasha from 2012. I guess he is going to become a “Saheb” real soon! 🙂
But all these folks suffered/will suffer accidents, injuries and problems in Shani Mahadasha whenever their EGO got better of them in this period. Each one of them had some Ego clashes and suffered due to it. Many of them had severe illness in this period too. Especially when Sadesati coincided with the Shani mahadasha!! 🙂
Shani’s position, its raashi, its nakshatra, its navamansh raashi and position/sthan in the birth-chat, its relationship with other planets (aspects/drishti) is very important to analyze the effect of Shani mahadasha / antardasha on your life.
Shani represents or is “karak” of masses, crowds (mass mentality), it-Gadha-cement, slow-but-steady things in life, Peeda (troubles), Dainya (Garibi), Reality Check, Wilamb (delay), night.
Shani is usually well-placed in the horoscope if your past life(s) karma with respect to masses is good. If you have donated money, land to masses and overall helped masses in overall aspects like building hospitals, schools (for poors), Anna-chhatra (Fed poor people): You have good karma with masses and better position of Shani in the Horoscope. The subtle yet omnipotent & omnipresent Law of Karma would make the masses pay you back in this life/birth in equal and opposite manner — As simple as that. Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed — Every force has equal and opposite force but they act in opposite directions. All these are nothing but spiritually – which represents the “law of karma” in scientific manner. The same way the folks mentioned above must have done a LOT in their past life(s) to do betterment of masses. The masses paid them back in their Shani mahadasha.
Shani in 3rd, 6th and 11th house shows that previous Karma with masses has been good. This Shani usually shows very good Shani mahadasha/antardasha results. Of course, assuming Shani is not in ill-aspects of Ravi (Sun) or Mangal (Mars). 1st, 10th house Shani shows mass-support “overall in life but more so in politics” in the 1st house and in career/workplace/production etc in the 10th place. Again, assuming it is well placed!
The 8th and the 12th house Shani especially shows some deficiency in the past karma which was ignored. These house Shani if in Guru drushti has some good side-effects and some Antardasha that might be well-off. However, regardless of how well Shani is in the 8th and the 12th house means some obligations to be paid off. Well placed Shani would mean by good deeds, good karma like Non-Profit Organizations, Social Services, Food for poors etc. Or paying of karma to the specific relatives that chart shows. Additional reading for the 8th and the 12th house Shani is follows:
Shani in the 8th House of a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/04/shani-in-8th-house-8th-house-saturn.html
Shani in the 12th house of a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/05/astromnc-shani-in-12th-house-of.html
Shani in the Mangal drushti or Shani with Mangal shows violent past karma and violent events in this like in Shani Mahadasha or Antardasha (Shani Mangal Yogas: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2011/11/shani-mangal-yuti-conjunction-pratiyog.html ) Shani with Raahu is especially bad and when the owner of Shani’s house is wakri and is in 6 8 12 houses from Shani or the horoscope 6 8 12 houses then the problems only increase. The option of good deeds is coupled with some pain sufferings and even the person could be even born with some defects and problems to start with! (Shani Rahu Yuti: Shani Rahu Yuti: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/02/shani-rahu-yuti-shani-rahu-conjunction.html )
Shani wakri or Stambhi is further one step ahead with problems. The owner of Shani wakri adds to the issues. Also, proximity of Mangal Rahu in close degrees increases the intensity of bad events as they do show as much of an intensity in the past life.
Shani in the last 3 degrees of Kirk or Vrishchik or first 3 degrees of Mesh, Singh or Dhanu rashi especially shows some very peculiar & extreme events in the past karma/birth. Especially the last degree of Kirk Vrishchik and first degree of Dhanu (moola) and Singh (Magha) are very very kaarmic! One can trace some bad events in the family 15 30 45 60 or even 5, 35 65 years BEFORE your birth in the family.
WHAT IF WE ARE NOT THAT “LUCKY” and have a badly placed Shani in the horoscope. Well, we would then tend to suffer in the Shani mahadasha at the hands of the masses and problems with respect to the chart-houses (& what they represent) of which Shani is the owner or Shani is placed in (5th house Santati/marriage, 7th house Marriage/Relationships/Partnerships, 10 house father, 8th house inherited land/money etc etc).
The way to reduce Shani mahadasha issues are NOT any Puja or Yadnya or Mantra or even the Gemstones! There are two ways to pay off the Shani Mahadasha’s past Karma:
- Thru the sufferings and delays (Santati/ Marriage 5/7 houses etc)
- Good deeds: Paying off the Karmic Burdens in Shani mahadasha or beforehand.
To pay off the burden some “good” astrologer needs to analyze the horoscope, analyze/find out the direction of the karmic burden and suggest some actions so that masses benefit from your actions. It is better to start as early as possible to avoid severe issues.
- If 5th house Shani then help friends/relatives in their marriages and donate to Orphanages/charity for kids.
house Shani: Help in marriages (money, time/energy) Help business partners
If Shani in 10th house, do seva of your father no matter how your relation is with him.
time for Vruddhashram etc. I hope you get the idea.
If Shani-Mangal close to each other: Help your siblings in life as they need it.
- Shani Mangal in say Sinvha raashi — Donate to heart trouble R&D institutes.
- Ravi-Shani yuti: Help Father/Seniors/Govt and not always oppose them. You have to do what you have to do but whenever it doesn’t affect your values, try to adjust with authorities.
- Shani in 4th house: Take care of your mother, house etc. Same for Shani with Chandra (mother)
- Note: Pooja and Karma-Kaand doesn’t hurt and it always helps for Chitta-Shuddhi and calming your mind in case of chaos & problems and hence the person is able to see good direction. However, pooja is the first step and not the destination of the ultimate remedy!! Please do not spend too much on gemstones or pooja etc. (Gemstones are tonics and not anti-biotics) 🙂 So please beware of folks who would take advantage of your state of mind to make you spend disproportionate amount on such pooja or gemstones.
The earlier you start with this the lesser the issues in Shani mahadasha.
Of course, regardless of good or bad: Shani Mahadasha requires discipline of all the actions, conservative approach in spending, in eating etc. EGO should be avoided at any cost as folks who do not have much money are spending money for you!! Just imagine if they find out you are being egotist when they are spending time and energy for you.
If Shani mahadasha and Sadesati at the same time affects your temperament and moral too much then HANUMAAN Sadhana is THE ONLY upaay for getting enough courage to face the effects of this. Finally, it is YOUR OWN creation of this life (Sadesati) or past life/lives (Mahadasha). 🙂
a. Have a Hanuman purnakruti poster (as aggressive / balawaan etc as possible) it should be Dakshina-mukhi (facing South).
b. Every morning after bath, concentrate on Hanumaan poster for 3 – 5 minutes (eye to eye contact); No disturbances what so ever.
c. Every evening when it starts to get dark, recite Hanuman stotra and Raam-Raksha (sanskrit).
This will help in a MAGICAL way, Can’t explain ALL the effects here for the lack of time BUT it IS magical.